Revisions on my draft oral presentation have been made and can be seen here:
Audio is still rough because I’m having trouble figuring out exactly what I want to say.
I’ve got a shortened summary of my past work.
A longer look at the work I currently do.
A longer talk about what I want to shoot, but still not quite there I feel. Perhaps because I’m not the wordiest person.
This week I also began working on a mini-project with Isabelle Boutriau.
My brief was to make a series of 7-10 photographs with captions discussing plastics in my area and how they are handled / dealt with. It was a relatively open brief that allowed me to be as creative, or not, as I wanted to be.
I thought about the brief and above all on how much of the plastic that is collected ends up recycled, and the different uses it can have. I sought to create a series of images highlighting those uses, and the ubiquitous nature of plastic in our daily lives, and in the products we use/food we buy.
I have presented the project as a PDF together with Isabelle and it appears as follows:
Las mil vidas del plástico. Diario de Sevilla. Diego J. Geniz. 25 June 2018.
Available online at: https://www.diariodesevilla.es/sevilla/mil-vidas-plastico-reciclaje-residuos-envases-tratamiento- ley_0_1256874955.html
- Los españoles ya usan la mitad de bolsas de plástico que hace una década. EFE. Alba Zafra. Published in the Diario de Sevilla 17 August 2018. Available online at: https://www.diariodesevilla.es/sociedad/espanoles-mitad-bolsas-plastico-decada_0_1273673087.html
Lipasam. Cuida de Sevilla, separa los residuos en tu hogar. Accessed 04 November 2019.
Available online at: https://www.lipasam.es/lipasam-sostenible/informacion-ambiental/cuida-de-sevilla-separa-los-residuos- en-tu-hogar
Readings this week included catching up on the readings to date from the different modules as well as the following articles:
- LYON, DANNY. When Fathers Die: Remembering Robert Frank. New York Review of Books. 27.09.2019. Available at: https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2019/09/27/when-fathers-die-remembering-robert-frank/
- MARLER, REGINA. Al & Georgia & Beck & Paul. New York Review of Books. 07.11.2019. Available at: https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2019/11/07/stieglitz-okeefe-strand/
- LANGFORD, MARTHA. 2008. ‘Strange Bedfellows: Appropriations of the Vernacular by Photographic Artists’. Photography and Culture 1(1), [online], 73–93. Available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.2752/175145108784861400.
- HAWKER, ROSEMARY. 2013. ‘Repopulating the Street: Contemporary Photography and Urban Experience’. History of Photography 37(3), [online], 341–52. Available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/03087298.2013.798521.
- ARDEN, ROY. 1998. ‘Vernacular Photography and Realism: Having Built His Own Photographic Record of Vancouver on the Stylistic Foundations of Atget and Walker Evans, Roy Arden Makes a Case for the Resurrected Work of a Yukon Photographer’. Canadian Art 15(4), [online], 38–43. Available at: http://search.proquest.com/docview/216881407/.